Cargèse is a small village in south Corsica. An ancient greek orthodox city, the architecture of the village reminds of its history, mainly because of its white houses with blue shutters.
A specificity of the village is to possess 2 churches: an orthodox church facing a latin church both dating to the XIXth century.
To be seen in Cargèse :
- Greek church of saint Spyridon
- latin church of the Assumption
- The convent of the birth of the Virgin Mary
- St John the Baptist church
- The 3 genoese towers, Orchinu, Ormigna, Cargèse,
Cargèse welcomes, every Summer, the Cargèse sound system Festival on its famous beach of Péro and in the arenas at Sara.